Re: [Xen-devel] Test report: Migration from 4.1 to 4.2 works

On Fri, 2012-08-31 at 12:04 +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> Migration 4.1 xend -> 4.2 xend
>   OK
>
> Migration 4.2 -> 4.1 (xend or xl)

We don't support this, so I'm not too concerned about the failures.

>   xend: Fails, guest ends up destroyed
>   xl: Fails, xl tries to resume at sender but guest gets BUG (see below)
>       This is probably a guest bug?
>
> Migration 4.1 xend -> 4.2 xl
>   Needs to be done with xl
>   Stop xend on source, which leaves domain running and manipulable by xl
>   xl migrate -C /etc/xen/debian.guest.osstest.cfg domain potato-beetle
>   Works.

This is great. We should write this down somewhere. I guess
http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/XL#Upgrading_from_xend ?

> However, xl fails on config files which are missing the final
> newline.  This should be fixed for 4.2.

Since that I suppose involves the parser are you going to do that?

Did you also try xl 4.1 -> 4.2?

Ian.