Re: [Xen-devel] Can't see more than 3.5GB of RAM / UEFI / no e820 memory map detected

  • To: Jonathan Tripathy <jonnyt@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Keir Fraser <keir.xen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 23:31:49 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 22:32:26 +0000

On 28/08/2012 22:50, "Jonathan Tripathy" <jonnyt@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> Thanks Keir
>> Now done. xen-unstable:25786
>>
>>   -- Keir
> Hi Keir,
>
> Thanks for doing that. However, the ordering of the if block in my code
> that I used was slightly different from your commit. Perhaps this
> doesn't make too much of a difference?

Your ordering favours Multiboot-e820 over Xen-e820, which we do not want to
do, and Multiboot-e801 over Xen-e820 which is definitely not sane.

I see you tested the checked-in version and it worked okay for you, which is
expected, and is a more sensible re-ordering. :)

 -- Keir