Re: [Xen-devel] Can't see more than 3.5GB of RAM / UEFI / no e820 memory map detected

  • To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Jonathan Tripathy <jonnyt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 20:36:19 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 19:36:49 +0000

On 24/08/2012 21:05, Keir Fraser wrote:
On 24/08/2012 18:39, "Jonathan Tripathy" <jonnyt@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

That flipping has nothing to do with UEFI, just with the way grub.efi
works.

Proper UEFI support implies use of EFI's boot and run time services,
which only xen.efi currently does (and which, for those run time
services that get made available for use by Dom0, also requires an
enabled Dom0 kernel).

Thanks for the clarification.

So from a security/reliability standpoint, nothing will be affected by
flipping the if block?
It should simply make it more likely that Xen sees all your RAM. ;)

  -- Keir

Hi Everyone,

I reversed the if block in setup.c and now my server can see the full 32GB of RAM. I haven't submitted a patch yet as we have run into another (possibly unrelated to xen) issue with this server build that we are working on. Once we complete our full testing, a patch will be submitted :)

Thanks