Re: [Xen-devel] ATI VGA passthrough and S400 Synchronization module

Hi,

I've been able to use ATI FirePro S400 with the unstable version. I've updated
my Dom0 and pass the graphic card as secondary adaptor.
I've made a quick test for Xen 4.1.2 with these updates but it's still crash
(no matter I will use the unstable version).

Aurélien

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 04:05:20PM +0000, Aurélien MILLIAT wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm currently trying to use XEN on graphical cluster.
> VGA passtrough works fine and I'm able to use quad-buffer for active stereo.
> The last thing to do is to synchronize all GPU from the cluster.
> For this purpose I use ATI FirePro S400 and it didn't works.
>
> I've seen two behaviors:
> -When I run lspci command on Dom0 I've got:
> 0f:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Device 6888
> 0f:00.1 Audio device: ATI Technologies Inc Cypress HDMI Audio [Radeon HD 5800
> Series]
> And sometimes just
> 0f:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Device 6888
> -When a DomU(Windows 7) is running, it's very slow (I can't do anything) and
> crash after several minutes.
> I've tried with the unstable version and I've seen the same 'lspci' behavior.
>
> I've a couple of questions:
> Is it possible to passthrough a VGA with this extension?

I never tried. I just pass in the VGA card and don't try to pass in the HDMI
driver.

> As it's a particular use of VGA passtrough is it planned to able to use
> synchronization module?

So what is synchronization module for you? That is the HDMI part?