[Xen-devel] Xen and 4K Sectors (was blkback and bcache)

  • To: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: James Harper <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 13:16:43 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-AU, en-US
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 13:17:12 +0000

I think the problem is definitely related to the 4K sector issue.

qemu appears to always present 512 byte sectors, thus only booting from a 512
byte sector partition table. Once the PV drivers take over though it all falls
down because PV drivers are passed a 4K sector size and nothing matches up
anymore.

What is the solution here? Do I just tell windows that we have a 512 byte
sector and put up with the potential loss of performance?

Thanks

James