[Xen-devel] want to write a difference copy program to sync two VHDs in blktap

Hello List,

I'm using blktap on XCP 1.1 and developing a difference copy program for easy backup and remote archival.

The idea is to read the BAT of VHD1 and sync it to BAT of VHD2 with BITMAP and the data blocks.
Other way would be by adding a sha1 signature in each data block and comparing it with remote VHD.

I tried to get some info from below programs but could not get required info about adding a sha1 sign of data block while writing it.
Similar to ZFS this can be used to verify file integrity ?
May be if someone can guide me about how to inject data while writing it in data block of VHD.

Please advice.

-- Rishi