Re: [Xen-devel] RFC: blktap3

On Thu, 2012-08-09 at 19:04 +0100, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 09, 2012 at 03:03:06PM +0100, Thanos Makatos wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'd like to introduce blktap3: essentially blktap2 without the need of
> > blkback. This has been developed by Santosh Jodh, and I'll maintain it.
> >

> So where is the source of this driver located?

I suspect that Thanos meant the blktap kernel driver rather than
blkback.

This is a completely userspace implementation of blktap, the fact that
you don't need to layer blkback on top of it is largely incidental.

This certainly doesn't aim to replace blkback, they both serve different
use cases (essentially speed vs flexibility).

Ian.