Re: [Xen-devel] PoD code killing domain before it really gets started

>>> On 06.08.12 at 18:03, George Dunlap <George.Dunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 2. Allocate the PoD cache before populating the p2m table

So this doesn't work, the call simply has no effect (and never
reaches p2m_pod_set_cache_target()). Apparently because
of

    /* P == B: Nothing to do. */
    if ( p2md->pod.entry_count == 0 )
        goto out;

in p2m_pod_set_mem_target(). Now I'm not sure about the
proper adjustment here: Entirely dropping the conditional is
certainly wrong. Would

    if ( p2md->pod.entry_count == 0 && d->tot_pages > 0 )
        goto out;

be okay?

But then later in that function we also have

    /* B < T': Set the cache size equal to # of outstanding entries,
     * let the balloon driver fill in the rest. */
    if ( pod_target > p2md->pod.entry_count )
        pod_target = p2md->pod.entry_count;

which in the case at hand would set pod_target to 0, and the
whole operation would again not have any effect afaict. So
maybe this was the reason to do this operation _after_ the
normal address space population?

Jan