[Xen-devel] error when pass through device to guest with qemu-xen-dir-remote

When create guest with device assigned, it shows the error and the device
wasn't able to work inside guest:
libxl: error: libxl_qmp.c:288:qmp_handle_error_response: received an error
message from QMP server: Parameter 'driver' expects a driver name

It only fails with qemu-xen-dir-remote(Is this tree more close to upstream
qemu?). I don't see the error with the traditional Qemu.
I also tried qemu-upstream, but it fails when I try to enable pci pass-through
for xen. I think Anthony's patch to add pci pass-through support for Xen is
accepted by qemu-upstream, am I right?

Another question:
Now I am trying to add some features (relevant to pass through device) to Qemu,
which tree should I use? Since traditional qemu is great different from
qemu-upstream, it is too old to develop patch base on it. But besides the old
one, I cannot find a working qemu.

best regards
yang