Re: [Xen-devel] NUMA TODO-list for xen-devel

On 01/08/12 17:47, Dario Faggioli wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-08-01 at 17:30 +0100, Andrew Cooper wrote:
>> On 01/08/12 17:16, Dario Faggioli wrote:

>>> - Automatic placement at guest creation time. Basics are there and
>>> will be shipping with 4.2. However, a lot of other things are
>>> missing and/or can be improved, for instance:
>>> [D] * automated verification and testing of the placement;
>>> * benchmarks and improvements of the placement heuristic;
>>> [D] * choosing/building up some measure of node load (more accurate
>>> than just counting vcpus) onto which to rely during placement;
>>> * consider IONUMA during placement;
>>> * automatic placement of Dom0, if possible (my current series is
>>> only affecting DomU)
>>> * having internal xen data structure honour the placement (e.g.,
>>> I've been told that right now vcpu stacks are always allocated
>>> on node 0... Andrew?).
>>>

>> - Xen NUMA internals. Placing items such as the per-cpu stacks and
>> data area on the local NUMA node, rather than unconditionally on node
>> 0 at the moment. As part of this, there will be changes to
>> alloc_{dom,xen}heap_page() to allow specification of which node(s) to
>> allocate memory from.
>
> As you see, I already tried to consider that (as you told me it does
> that couple of weeks ago :-) ). I'll add your wording of it (much better
> than mine) to the wiki... I understand you're working on this, aren't
> you? Can I put that down to?
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Dario

Wow - I completely managed to miss that while reading. Someone will be working on it for XS.next, and that someone will probably be me - put me down for it.

--
Andrew Cooper - Dom0 Kernel Engineer, Citrix XenServer
T: +44 (0)1223 225 900, http://www.citrix.com