[Xen-devel] libxl config datastructures

Dear libxl developers,
currently there is no way to automatically parse a config file into the libxl_domain_config datastructure and therefore using any libxl_* function that requires that datastructure as an input is unusable. The only implementation that creates that structure is in xl_cmdimpl.c in the private function parse_config_data. As I see, it relies on the XLU_Config structure to create the libxl_domain_config structure. It is very impractical to replicate that code for third party tools just to be able to use for example libxl_domain_restore.

My requests is either:
  • Create a publicly accessible function in libxl.h that parses a file/char* to libxl_domain_config structure (essentially making parse_config_data public).
  • Or just use XLU_Config everywhere. I'm not entirely sure why there is a need to have two separate formats and the whole translation in-between.
Thanks,
Tamas