Re: [Xen-devel] Proper place for an overview of Xen virtual space

On Fri, 2012-07-27 at 06:41 +0100, Petr Tesarik wrote:
> Dne Ät 26. Äervence 2012 15:53:33 Ian Campbell napsal(a):
> > On Thu, 2012-07-26 at 10:29 +0100, Petr Tesarik wrote:
> > > Hello all,
> > >
> > > while working on makedumpfile support of Xen4, I made a side-by-side
> > > comparison of the Xen3 and Xen4 virtual space on x86_64 (attached). I
> > > believe that it can be useful to others as well, but I don't know what
> > > would be an appropriate place for it.
> >
> > Somewhere on the wiki perhaps?
>
> Sure, I can add a page there, but nobody will find it unless I link it from
> somewhere, but I'm unable to find a good place for the link.

It will at least mean I can answer the question "how has the memory map
changed" with a link instead of an actual explanation, and once a few
people have asked it'll start to show up on google etc due to the links
in the ML archives and so on.

You should also ensure to add it to the proper categories on the wiki so
that people searching the wiki can find it.

> Anyway, why wasn't 4.0 labelled 3.5 if there was no big change?

It's just a number and people felt like it was time. Like the Linux
2.6.x->3.x transition.

Ian.