Re: [Xen-devel] PoD code killing domain before it really gets started

>>> On 26.07.12 at 16:41, "Jan Beulich" <JBeulich@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The main question, irrespective of any numbers, of course is:
> How would p2m_pod_demand_populate() be invoked at all
> during this early phase of domain construction? Nothing
> should be touching any of the memory... If this nevertheless
> is possible (even if just for a single page), then perhaps the
> tools ought to make sure the pages put into the low 2Mb get
> actually zeroed, so the PoD code has a chance to find victim
> pages.

One more point of inconsistency: According to xend.log, the
device model got already launched at the point of the guest
death, yet the two operations (call trees ending in
pyxc_hvm_build() and ImageHandler.createDomain(), the log
message of which is present in the logs) are both rooted in
XendDomainInfo._initDomain(), and are hence sequential aiui
(i.e. the physmap population should already have finished).

Of course that's unless xend happily continues acting on a
crashed guest (which would explain why there are two
instances of the PoD related messages in the hypervisor log).

So I'm getting all the more confused the deeper I look into this.

Jan