Re: [Xen-devel] Xen, Linux and EFI.

>>> On 11.07.12 at 23:27, Shriram Rajagopalan <rshriram@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So I presume that the dom0 kernel EFI support needs to be done for both
> cases (grub2.efi and xen.efi) ?

Even if you found they're unneeded for the grub2 case, you'd
end up with a system that would only work as long as all the
legacy bits and pieces are still provided by the platform. Once
you want to run on a truly EFI-only system, there's no way
around having the Dom0 pieces in place.

Plus, for the grub2 case you also have to add code to actually
retrieve the information you need to access EFI runtime
services (e.g. to get your UP-only problem resolved that you
mentioned in another response).

> So I ended up booting with a SLES kernel. Not even sure if opensuse 12.1
> will work.

It will, as will (obviously) 12.2.

Jan