Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4 serial hangs during boot

On 20/07/12 18:58, Christopher S. Aker wrote:
> On 7/20/12 1:49 PM, Andrew Cooper wrote:
>> Is this an HP box by any chance, and are you accessing serial over iLO?
> It is not.  It's a SM motherboard with an on board UART 16550, which
> we're booting with xen args "com1=115200,8n1 console=com1".

Oh interesting.  We periodically see this with HP kit, but nothing else
which is why we assumed it was iLO specific.  Perhaps it is not after all.

As for suggestions, try manually prodding port 3f8 to see whether the
UART is actually working?

Alternatively, use `xl debug-keys` and `xl dmesg` to see whether you can
provoke it back to life.

> -Chris

Andrew Cooper - Dom0 Kernel Engineer, Citrix XenServer
T: +44 (0)1223 225 900, http://www.citrix.com