[Xen-devel] DomU to Dom0 Communication in Xen HVM?

  • To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Larry White" <lmw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 23:22:28 -0500
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 04:23:13 +0000

I am new to Xen and want to provide simple communication between my DomU and Dom0 environments.  I just need to be able to pass a few bytes of information back and forth between DomU and Dom0 while using some form of event management to know when an update occurs so I can act on it.  At first, it appeared that using XenBus and XenStore might be the right solution for this.  However, after looking over the documentation, it seems that XenBus and XenStore should only be used in a PVM Xen configuration, not a HVM model like mine.  Is this true?

What would be the best way to accomplish this?  Is there any sample code which demonstrates this for a HVM Xen environment?

Any information regarding this would be greatly apprecated.

Larry