Re: [Xen-devel] LIBDIR not set during xen build

On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 09:51:13AM -0700, Olaf Hering wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 11, Matt Wilson wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 01:26:07AM -0700, Olaf Hering wrote:
> > >
> > > How is LIBDIR in xen/Makefile supposed to be set? During 'make xen' all
> > > the fine efi stuff is installed in /efi instead of /usr/lib64/efi.
> > > And: is /usr/lib64/efi the correct place anyway?
> >
> > Are you noticing new broken behavior? Ian C. recently committed a
> > change I made to honor ./configure --libdir=... for tools targets [1],
> > but that shouldn't have affected the xen subtree.
>
> Matt,
>
> I do indeed notice some build breakage since the last two weeks. But
> since xen/Makefile did not change I wonder how it worked up to now. I
> have not yet bisected the issue.
>
> On the other hand, building xen is not supposed to rely on configure.
> Perhaps an easy change is to just define LIBDIR in xen/Makefile.

I think that other efi binaries like elilo.efi usually live in
/usr/lib64/efi, so perhaps in the short term there should just be an
explicit EFIDIR variable in xen/Makefile. Ultimately I think that
LIBDIR should follow the ./configure --libdir setting, which would
land the efi binaries in the wrong place.

Matt