Re: [Xen-devel] incorrect layout of globals from head_64.S during kexec boot

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 08:46:34AM -0600, Ian Campbell wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-07-10 at 10:14 -0400, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:
> > Which brings me to another question - say we do use this patch, what
> > if the decompressor overwrites the old kernels .data section. Won't
> > we run into this problem again?
>
> I've not really been following this thread that closely but wouldn't the
> right answer be for the original kernel to unmap the shared info on
> kexec? Or maybe remap it up to some high/reserved address? Can it read

That would be the right answer I think, but I don't see the a VCPU_deregister
call (only VCPU_register).

But perhaps the XENMEM_decrease_reservation for the particular MFN is the
answer to do a VCPU "de-register" ?

> the original address used by hvmloader at start of day and reuse that?

Wait, we can map multiple shared_info? Ooh, somehow I thought the guest
could only do one registration.