Re: [Xen-devel] co-scheduler modification

On Sun, 2012-07-08 at 15:47 +0200, Kerti Csaba wrote:
> In my experience I need to modify a bit the Xen Scheduler. I need to
> implement a type of co-scheduling algorithm, which is try to schedule
> those VMs (on physical machines) together which are communicating
> together.

Sounds very reasonable in principle, but do expect to deal with weird
situation and to consider counterintuitive solutions to them, as George
already stated.

> I still havenât decided that which scheduler will I modify(SEDF or
> Credit).

Just wanted to add that sedf _should_ be easy enough to understand and
modify for this purpose, and it does not do anything like that yet (as
opposed to credit), at least when it wears its "pure real-time" shoes.

Unfortunately, it's not in such a good shape, e.g., it has a very poor
SMP support, which would need make the life of people wontting to work
with it harder that it should be.

Not that this should prevent you to look at it... I just wanted to be
sure you're aware want you'll find there. :-)

Regards,
Dario
Dario Faggioli, Ph.D, http://retis.sssup.it/people/faggioli