Re: [Xen-devel] Security vulnerability process, and CVE-2012-0217

On 04/07/12 16:09, Stefano Stabellini wrote:

>> > Of course. It's an agreement between the list members to not
>> > disclose anything.
> Yes, but an agreement that cannot be legally enforced.

I don't see that that is an issue.

Taking linux-distros as an example, an embargo date cannot be enforced
as there is no legal framework in which to enforce it.   Everyone
involved agrees to respect the embargo dates.   If an individual or
organisation repeatedly flaunted the embargo dates they would likely
find themselves removed from the list although, to my knowledge, this
has not happened.

For the list to work, the members need to cooperate: it is in their own
interest to cooperate, legal frameworks aren't required.

jch