Re: [Xen-devel] [xen vMCE RFC V0.2] xen vMCE design

> I'm not convinced of the need, and would prefer aiming at a
> shared implementation unless issues arise that make this
> impossible.

It does sound odd. Yes, Intel and AMD have differences around CMCI ... but we
are never
going to send a CMCI to a guest (there is no point, it can't do anything useful
with the
information, it may do something pointlessly stupid like stop using a guest
physical page).
The only reason I suggested making MCG_CAP pretend that CMCI was supported was a
small optimization ... if a Linux guest sees that CMCI is supported, it will
not poll the machine
check banks looking for corrected errors.

-Tony