Re: [Xen-devel] [xen-unstable bisection] complete test-amd64-amd64-xl-win7-amd64

On Wed, 2012-06-20 at 10:06 +0100, Ian Campbell wrote:
> > > branch xen-unstable
> > > xen branch xen-unstable
> > > job test-amd64-amd64-xl-win7-amd64
> > > test windows-install
> > >
> > > Tree: linux git://xenbits.xen.org/linux-pvops.git
> > > Tree: qemu git://xenbits.xen.org/staging/qemu-xen-unstable.git
> > > Tree: qemuu git://xenbits.xen.org/staging/qemu-upstream-unstable.git
> > > Tree: xen http://xenbits.xen.org/staging/xen-unstable.hg
> > >
> > > *** Found and reproduced problem changeset ***
> > >
> > >   Bug is in tree:  xen http://xenbits.xen.org/staging/xen-unstable.hg
> > >   Bug introduced:  9d1fd58ff602
> > >   Bug not present: 32034d1914a6
> > >

> > >   changeset:   25468:9d1fd58ff602
> > >   user:        Dario Faggioli <dario.faggioli@xxxxxxxxxx>
> > >   date:        Fri Jun 08 15:26:01 2012 +0100
> > >
> > >       xl: check for meaningful combination of sedf config file parameters
> >
> > Dario,
> >
> > these bisection results have been posted for a couple of days,
> > yet so far I don't recall having seen any sign from you as to what
> > you're plans are. Given that this has now been holding up a push
> > for over 10 days, I think I'll have to request reverting the change
> > otherwise.
>
> It's not been as long as ten days, the commit was the 14th. But yes we
> need to know what is going on here ASAP -- Dario please can you take a
> look.

Definitely!

Sorry for this, the mail has been put on hold in some folder and I
haven't even seen it till now! :-(

> It's an odd one -- the logs seem to show the guest has started but the
> patch in question would (or should!) cause an early error return during
> build. It's possible that the recent test system outage has caused the
> bisector to get confused but it has fingered this changeset at least
> twice now.

I'll check what's going on immediately. Sorry again.

> The bisector really should try and pull out S-o-b's et al from the
> offending commit and add appropriate CCs. There's also something of an
> expectation that developers will keep an eye on the test system results
> after a patch of theirs has been expected though.

Sure. Being on Cc would have helped a bit, but it's definitely my fault
not noticing the whole thing sooner!

Thanks and Regards,
Dario