Re: [Xen-devel] Pv_ops Dom0 crash on IBM eServer x3400

>>> On 08.06.12 at 23:11, Alex Moskalenko <mav@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I attached full dmesg output of kernel 3.3.8.

So this

[    1.752498] IO APIC #9......
[    1.752558]  0f 00  0    0    0   0   0    0    0    00

clearly is a firmware bug - it's plain unacceptable for the firmware
to unmask a completely uninitialized RTE. I'm afraid you'll need to
get IBM to address this (assuming you're running the latest
firmware, and hence they haven't already).

> Also I removed the 'Store' and 'And' statements from DSDT and compiled
> it. When altered DSDT is loaded with grub, kernel 3.3.8 boots
> successfully (good!). But with hypervisor boot process hangs at loading
> aacraid module (last message is about setting up IRQ). Aacraid module
> loads without any problem on bare hardware. Kernel 2.6.32 boots
> successfully and loads all modules. I think this issue is not related to
> patched DSDT, but I'm not sure.

Given the above plus the fact that the driver uses PCI-MSI this
is indeed unlikely. But you ought to post kernel _and_ hypervisor
logs to be able to at least try to help.

Jan