Re: [Xen-devel] [bug report] Windows HVM Hang when reboot/power off using special config

On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 4:46 AM, Zhou Jacky <jackyzt98@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In my case, the qemu_system_shutdown_request ( ACPI register write ) never
> be triggered. And the VCPU usage be 100 percent.
> So I think it must exist some spinlock-like code in guest OS which cause the
> ACPI write never be executed.
> If I pin one VCPU to another CPU like '6', then ACPI register write be
> called immediately, guest OS poweroff smoothly.
>
> So anyone know why it's not work when PIN 2 VCPUs to same physical CPU when
> booting HVM Windows 2003? Thanks.

I think you've already given the most probable answer your own
question -- there must be some kind of synchronization that the guest
OS is doing, probably relating to gracefully bringing down secondary
cpus, that breaks when you pin them to a single core.

 -George