Re: [Xen-devel] [Xen-users] Xen unstable fails to build on ubutnu 12.04

On Wed, 6 Jun 2012, Ian Campbell wrote:
> On Sun, 2012-06-03 at 22:16 +0100, Will McDermott wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am trying to compile xen 4.2 unstable from mercurial. I can't get past
> > the make tools step. When I run make tools, the build fails with:
>
> Thanks Will, this looks like a new one, I've not noticed any reports of
> this before. CCing xen-devel@ and our Qemu folks.
>
> Guys, this looks like
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2012-02/msg03460.html or
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/qemu-kvm/+bug/930181 (which
> Will references below). I didn't look if any patch has gone in upstream
> or not.
>
> I can't explain why other Ubuntu users aren't seeing this though.

You must have libcap and libattr installed, because that's what it takes
to enable virtfs in QEMU by default.
And virtfs at the moment doesn't compile without that patch.

I'll ping the QEMU maintainers about it, and also submit a patch to our
build system to disable virtfs.