Re: [Xen-devel] Using "xl create" without domain config file

W. Michael Petullo writes ("[Xen-devel] Using "xl create" without domain config
file"):
> I found it useful to use xm without a domain configuration file:
>
>       xm create /dev/null kernel=...
>
> The xl command does not support this. See a previous thread I started:
>
>       http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2011-08/msg00330.html

I would be happy to support the /dev/null form.

> I just found the time to modify xl so that it works without a domain
> configuration file. For example:
>
>       xl create kernel=\"...\" ...

This, however, is ambiguous.  It's not clear from your patch below how
this ambiguity is resolved but I don't think what you've done can be
sufficient in itself.

What if the domain config filename contains a `=' ?

Ian.