Re: [Xen-devel] dump with xen-unstable & linux 3.2.17

hmm...maintaining the serial console connection during a suspend /
resume seems to have been added sometime in the 4.2 development
timeframe.
Older changesets seem to just reboot on me, without much output.
This makes determining if it is the same crash rather problematic.

The crash against the unstable tip appears to be happening in the
VCPUOP_stop_periodic_timer case of the
do_vcpu_op() function

by the time it gets down to _csched_cpu_pick() - it asserts on the
first part of the ASSERT below:

    online = cpupool_scheduler_cpumask(vc->domain->cpupool);
    cpumask_and(&cpus, online, vc->cpu_affinity);
    cpu = cpumask_test_cpu(vc->processor, &cpus)
            ? vc->processor
            : cpumask_cycle(vc->processor, &cpus);
    ASSERT( !cpumask_empty(&cpus) && cpumask_test_cpu(cpu, &cpus) );

...but I'm not terribly familiar with the proper operations of these code paths

I still suspect this is something my dom0 kernel is doing incorrectly,
but I don't have much to back that up other than a gut feeling.

Any advice / pointers are appreciated.

/btg