Re: [Xen-devel] x86: adjust handling of interrupts coming in via legacy vectors

>> > I think it's very paranoid, since legacy vectors never get programmed
>> > into
>> > an IOAPIC RTE and should never need EOIing at the local APIC. But you do
>> > at
>> > least printk the case that we see the ISR bit set, and you printk the
>> > vector
>> > number, so really this v2 patch gives us more information about this
>> > bogus
>> > situation than v1 did, so it's a slight improvement overall. So you
>> > still
>> > have my Ack.
>>
>> It indeed is paranoid (which is why I didn't do so in v1), but Andrew
>> certainly has a point in saying that something so far unexplainable
>> going on makes it desirable to cover as many (however remotely)
>> potential causes as possible. (I still consider double delivery through
>> IO-APIC and PIC the most likely scenario, despite not having a
>> reasonably explanation on how the PIC mask bit could get cleared.)
>>
>> Once we hopefully understand the hole situation, the code here
>> should likely be reverted to the v1 version (along with removing the
>> other debugging code).
>
> Once this patch goes in, do I need to still run with the patch Andrew
> provided in
> http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2012-05/msg00332.html
> for the debugging code?

Yes, that change is still going to be necessary. Probably worth
committing too (perhaps with its second hunk annotated with a
comment), which I believe didn't happen because it wasn't really
submitted for that purpose. Andrew, Keir?

Or would we be better off simply allowing xfree(NULL) in IRQ
context, by swapping the in_irq() and NULL checks in the
function)? I'd favor this, despite the small risk of it hiding
latent bugs.

Jan