[Xen-devel] qemu xen_disk mis-accounting?

  • To: "xen-devel" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Jan Beulich" <JBeulich@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 08:49:17 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 10 May 2012 07:49:38 +0000

ioreq_release() gets called from two places, yet only in the
blk_send_response_all() case does it appear appropriate to decrement
blkdev->requests_finished. In the error handling path of
blk_handle_requests() I would think it should decrement
blkdev->requests_inflight instead.

While blkdev->requests_finished isn't being used anywhere,
blkdev->requests_inflight serves blk_handle_requests() to tell
whether to call qemu_bh_schedule(), so this isn't a purely cosmetic
mistake afaics (and the error path in question is actually being
consistently exercised by our frontends probing for the packet
command extension - yes, it should have been implemented via
xenstore node presence, but the author failed to do so back then).

Jan