Re: [Xen-devel] Test result of xen-unstable changeset 25259

On Mon, 2012-05-07 at 15:12 +0100, Fantu wrote:
> Dom0:
> Wheezy 64 bit with kernel from package linux-image-3.2.0-2-amd64 version
> 3.2.15-1, package blktap-dkms and all dependency packages for xen, spice and
> usb redirection.
> -------------------------
> /etc/modules
> ------------
> loop max_loop=64
> xenfs
> xen-evtchn
> blktap
> -------------------------
> hg clone http://xenbits.xen.org/xen-unstable.hg (in this build changeset is
> 25259:0f53540494f7)
> vi Makefile # removed dist-kernel to not compile kernel

This should not be necessary at all. No kernel will be built, if you are
seeing kernels getting built in the default configuration then please
let me know.

> vi Config.mk # test seabios unstable

I don't think this will have any impact on any of the issues you relate
below. But also note that results with SeaBIOS other than the one
referenced by the tree would not be considered problems for Xen 4.2.

> PYTHON_PREFIX_ARG =
> QEMU_UPSTREAM_URL ?= git://git.qemu.org/qemu.git #commit
> 8f473dd104f0937ce98523fa6f9de0bd845aebbe
> SEABIOS_UPSTREAM_URL ?= git://git.seabios.org/seabios.git #commit
> 74f96123e7e37c219403b50e39dabc8e8c450948
> SEABIOS_UPSTREAM_TAG ?= master
> -------------------------
> Added some patches:
> - autoconf: add variable for pass arbitrary options to qemu upstream v3
> - tools: Improve make deb
> -------------------------
> ./configure --enable-qemuu-spice --enable-qemuu-usbredir
> --enable-qemuu-debug
> -------------------------
> make deb
>
> -------------------------
> Recent regression:
> -------------
> - CRITICAL - PV domU unable to start:
> With pygrub:
> xl create /etc/xen/lucid.cfg
> Parsing config file /etc/xen/lucid.cfg
> libxl: error: libxl_create.c:603:do_domain_create: failed to run bootloader:
> -3
> With pv-grub:
> xl create /etc/xen/lucid.cfg
> Parsing config file /etc/xen/lucid.cfg
> xc: error: panic: xc_dom_bzimageloader.c:588: xc_dom_probe_bzimage_kernel:
> kernel is not a bzImage: Invalid kernel
> Daemon running with PID 6136
> Same error also with other linux pv domU.

When we went through this on you last posting this seemed to be related
to the python path stuff on Ubuntu/Debian. However you don't mention
tweaking that in your setup -- are you sure you have corrected this
issue?

If this isn't the issue then please can you provide (separately) full
logs (xl cr -vvv & /var/log/xen/foo, etc) for both these cases.

> -------------------------
>
> -------------------------
> Old issue:
> - Save/restore not working with qemu-xen

This is expected -- this support is not yet added to the tree.

> -------------
> - Unable to get QXL vga working correctly and with full videoram

I think we have now established that this is not currently a feature of
Xen. If you or Zhou Peng are interested in doing the development work
for then this is something we would likely accept as a new feature for
Xen 4.3. It's not 4.2 material though.

> - On hvm domU start, domU work also this output on xl create:
> libxl: error: libxl.c:3115:libxl_sched_credit_domain_set: Cpu weight out of
> range, valid values are within range from 1 to 65535

I have added this one to the TODO list as a bug, hopefully someone is
looking into it.

Ian.