Re: [Xen-devel] libxl parser question

On Sun, 06 May 2012, Ian Campbell wrote:

> I've tried reproducing using your config file with the patch applied and
> I can't.
>
> > [...]
> > This abort is the `default` case in the switch at xl_cmdimpl.c:736,
> > which gets triggered from an erroneous b_info->type with a bogus value
> > of 0x84 (which is neither PV nor HVM.)
>
> I think it might be useful to sprinkle prints of b_info->type everywhere
> from the call to libxl_domain_build_info_init_type up until this switch
> statement to see if you can identify the line which is overwriting this
> field. I couldn't spot it by eye but something in there is presumably
> blowing off the end of a buffer or something similar.
>
> You should probably also validate the initial value, which comes from
> c_info->type, and if that is wrong trace it back to the place which sets
> that initial value.

Running 'make install' after various attempts seems to have done it.

I was all along under the impression that the dynamic linker would
pick the libxenlight in the current dir, which is why I hadn't run
'make install' every so often, but did instead occasionally run 'make
clean all' Coming to think of it, if the DLD was to pick the library
from the current directory, a world of security bugs and pain would
ensue, but for some reason I kept expecting the behaviour to be that.

Thanks though!

Goncalo