Re: [Xen-devel] [hybrid]: unable to boot hvm due to eflags.ID

At 11:53 +0100 on 04 May (1336132407), Ian Campbell wrote:
> > I'm not aware of anything deliberately tinkering with EFLAGS_ID,
>
> I couldn't find any use other than the definition, although it maybe
> open coded somewhere.

Looks like maybe it's the absence of it that we should worry about:
Mukesh, can you try the attached patch?

> > but
> > it's possible that vm86 interacts with it (of that we accidentally lose
> > some parts of EFLAGS in emulation).
>
> Yeah, but I can't figure out why hybrid dom0 would change that...

Indeed.  I'd expect this to fail for the same kernel in normal HVM.
Maybe there's some difference in how the segment state is set up

Tim.