Re: [Xen-devel] How to select a rootfs to test job test-amd64-amd64-xl on my own machine ?

wang zhihao writes ("How to select a rootfs to test job test-amd64-amd64-xl on
my own machine ?"):
> I try to test flight 12785 job test-amd64-amd64-xl on my own machine.  I
> download kerndist.tar.gz , dist.tar.gz and  xendist.tar.gz from logfiles
> generated by job build-amd64-pvops and  build-amd64.
> But there is no clue on how to get a root file system. So I try Ubuntu 11.10
> as its rootfs, which is ext3 format. Unfortunately, it complains the <The
> disk drive for / is not ready yet or not present  Continue to wait; or press
> S to skip mounting or M for manual recovery >.
> So which root file system should I use?

You mean how does the guest get created ?

It is generated each time using the Debian "xen-tools" package,
specifically xen-create-image.  See the logs for "ts-debian-install"
and "ts-debian-fixup" which show the commands the tester executed.

Ian.