Re: [Xen-devel] Problems with xen 4.1.x + passthrough + pvonhvm

On Thu, 3 May 2012, Vinaya M S wrote:
> Hi Stefano,
>
>   I'm also using ubuntu 11.04 HVM domain with xen 4.1.0.
> If I enable xen_platform_pci then I get busybox error.
> If I say xen_platform_pci=0 then it boots fine.

Can you post the boot logs please?

> I make passthrough devices available by using pci-stub
> module as pci_back is ntworking for me.
> [CONFIG_XEN_PCIDEV_BACKEND=y instead of m]

Are you using xm or xl?
Why do you say that CONFIG_XEN_PCIDEV_BACKEND is not working for you?

> When I provide these pci devices either by
> config file or by pci-attach my system turns blank.
> I read your post and tried with ubuntu 10.04 as guest.
> But I run into same problem.

Try assigning something that is not a graphic card, do you see the
device if you execute lspci?

> Should I have to create a kernel image inside d guest
> wid al configurations enabled in domu as
> mentioned in http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenParavirtOps

it should not be necessary

> Let me know where I'm going wrong or else
> let me know the solution to get it working on 11.04.
> FYI: PCI devices are nvidia graphics card

Is it your primary graphic card?