Re: [Xen-devel] Workings/effectiveness of the xen-acpi-processor driver

>>> On 02.05.12 at 03:11, Boris Ostrovsky <boris.ostrovsky@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 05/01/2012 08:47 PM, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:
>> But it is curious that it has been working for me on AMD and Intel machines.
>> Granted the only server boxes I've are Intel - don't have AMD server boxes
>> at
> all.
>
> I am also surprised that aside from some power inefficiencies and "BIOS
> bug" warnings the system appeared reasonably OK. I'd think that with
> APIC IDs messed up it would not run.

That's not suprising at all to me, given that the entire LAPIC and
interrupt management happens in Xen and not in Dom0. Hence
P- and C-state management code is likely the only consumer of
this (always going to be bogus under Xen) data.

(In our kernels, I specifically removed all traces of these, as any
use of them can only have bad effects. In pv-ops this not being
an option, the only alternative appears to be to find and adjust
each one individually, now and forever.)

Jan