Re: [Xen-devel] Failed to run bootloader

(putting xen-devel back, please watch your cc lines)
On Wed, 2012-04-25 at 20:45 +0100, Sandi Romih wrote:

> On Apr 25, 2012 6:38 PM, "Ian Campbell" <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, 2012-04-24 at 21:28 +0100, Sandi Romih wrote:
> >
> > > What I did discover is that the VM boot is halted by the vif
> option in
> > > my cfg file.
> >
> > What do you mean "halted"? You mean that pygrub fails if you have
> the
> > vif line and succeeds if you do not?
>
> Well, I guess I should have used the word pauses, as the vm is still
> running okay but it does not proceed beyond a certain point. When I
> comment out the vif line the boot process does not stop, it proceeds
> normally.

So this is now a different failure mode to the one which you originally
reported (pygrub failed)?

What does your guest config look like now that you have resolved the
pygrub issue?

Can you provide a full log of the failing boot with a vif enabled to the
point of the hang?

Are your hotplug scripts set up properly?

What does "brctl show" say while the guest is running (with the vif
enabled)?

What does "xenstore-ls -fp" show while the guest is sat waiting?

http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Reporting_Bugs_against_Xen has a list of other
potentially useful logs/info which you should consider including.

> > >  disk =
> > > [ 'file:/mnt/media/comp_files/os-iso/oi151a.iso,xvdc:cdrom,r' ,
> > > 'phy:/dev/xen-dom0/oi_boot,xvda,w' ]
> >
> > Can I download oi161a.iso from somewhere so I can try for myself?
>
> Yes, you can download it from here:
> http://openindiana.org/download/

I can only find oi-dev-151a-x86.iso and oi-dev-151a-text-x86.iso here
(and the usb stick equivalents).

Ian.