Re: [Xen-devel] [Xci-devel] Archiving XCI : Request for an Archivation Review for the XCI project

On 3/30/12, Lars Kurth <lars.kurth@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Andrew,
>
> that is good news. I see a number of options going forward, which really
> depends on your preference and also what committers and maintainers in
> the community think:
> 1) OpenXCI as a new project hosted on Xen.org - starting as an
> incubation project as per http://www.xen.org/projects/governance.html
> and archive the old one. What you describe sounds sufficiently different.
>
> 2) OpenXCI as a separate project: Xen.org can help you promoting the
> project in various ways
>
> If you want and have a bit more clarity on what you want to do and how
> you want to achieve things, I could arrange a call with you and walk you
> through the details.

I'm not quite sure which would be a better idea. I don't really have
much on the OpenXCI SourceForge project (just the Mercurial repository
for the graphics and input servers, as well as a tarball with the
corresponding qemu patches), so it might be easier to move it to
xen.org now rather than later. I do have a pretty good idea of what I
want OpenXCI to be - a configurable, high-performance multi-boot
alternative with good support for graphics passthrough, using a
similar architecture to XenClient (but using direct GPU passthrough
for one domain and either a "reverse graphics adapter" or a VNC
connection to display other domains, possibly with some kind of
support for 3D on non-passthrough domains using virtual GPUs being
added later).