Re: [Xen-devel] The related driver and codes of Xen VM disk

On Thu, 2012-03-29 at 09:35 +0100, ææå wrote:
> Hi all,
> When I set the VM configure file disk=[], I can set VM disk type
> "file:", "phy:", "tap:aio:",

Note that this particular bit of the syntax is only supported in xl for
compatibility with xm and they don't really mean much to xl (it
basically ignores them). Please see docs/misc/xl-disk-configuration.txt
for details of the xl configuration syntax.

> which driver do they use?

That is up to the toolstack which will try and select the best backend
to use for the particular configuration.

You can see which backend is selected by running "xl -vvv create <...>".

> And where's the related code in Xen Hypervisor?

The code lives in the kernel (e.g. blkback or blktap*) and userspace
(e.g. qdisk or blktap*) backend drivers.

Ian.