Re: [Xen-devel] Unable to find Python development headers

Hi Yang,

> When running ./configure, I get the following error message:
> checking for python... /usr/bin/python
> checking for python version >= 2.3 ... yes
> ./configure: line 6147: python-config: command not found
> ./configure: line 6228: python-config: command not found
> checking Python.h usability... no
> checking Python.h presence... no
> checking for Python.h... no
> configure: error: Unable to find Python development headers
> I use rhel5.5 and here is the installed python RPM on my box:
> Is there any pkg I need to install?

Python 2.4 does not have python-config.
If you don't require Python tools, you can run:
  ./configure --disable-pythontools

Or you may avoid it:
  ./configure APPEND_INCLUDES=/usr/include/python2.4/

However, you will find an another issue:

checking for PyArg_ParseTuple in -l... no
configure: error: Unable to find a suitable python development library

I'm afraid I don't know how to avoid this issue.

Best regards,
--
  KUWAMURA Shin'ya