Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.1 regression - can't boot on 1TB anymore (Xen 4.0 could).

> culprit?

>> > No, it is a pvops kernel (the older was a 2.6.32 classic one).

>> > Ok, will try those out.

>> > It does indeed. Thought the value that was used was a more conservative
>> > of 4G.
>>
>> Okay, so it's more a kernel shortcoming than a Xen regression (I
>> suppose that the same kernels used on 4.0/4.1 will behave the
>> same way irrespective of Xen version).
>
> Not sure (on using Xen 4.0 on that box). Once I am done with my bug-list I
> was thinking to take a deeper spin on that box. I do remember that we could
> only do up to 500GB - but I can't recall the details.

The details are: With the initial mapping starting at 2Gb from the top
of address space, and with the initial P2M mapping being part of it,
you just can't get beyond that. Both meaningfully variable size pieces
of the initial mapping (p2m and initrd) can and should be moved out
of that rather limited address space.

Jan