Re: [Xen-devel] Questions on the PIT and APIC timer in Xen

2012/3/28 Jan Beulich <JBeulich@xxxxxxxx>
>>> On 28.03.12 at 15:50, Bei Guan <gbtju85@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> But, I also would like to know what timer a PV Guest OS on Xen use?

There's a specific PV timer interface.

> And how does Xen set the timer for a PV Guest.

"Set" the timer?
I mean how PV Guest OS get its timer from Xen.
But, maybe I will find out the details from the code. Thank you very much.

> The same questions for a HVM Guest OS, how does Xen set the timer for a
> HVM?

Same here.

But I think you're best off looking at the code anyway.

Jan

--
Best Regards,
Bei Guan