Re: [Xen-devel] Invalid op code emulation for HVM guest and GPF

On 23/03/12 19:38, Andrew Cooper wrote:
> Sadly, given your other email, I doubt it will work, because of the big
> catch all regarding the lock prefix.
>
> A brief scan over the Intel manuals and I cant see a case where an
> incorrect LOCK prefix would cause #GPF rather than #UD.
>
> Perhaps try changing it to EXP_UD instead of EXP_GP.  (Although I make
> no guarantee that this wont cause a lot of things to break.)

Try this patch instead.

I have still yet to find a single example in either manual 2A or B where
an invalid lock prefix would cause a #GPF rather than #UD

--
Andrew Cooper - Dom0 Kernel Engineer, Citrix XenServer
T: +44 (0)1223 225 900, http://www.citrix.com