Re: [Xen-devel] error starting xen

On Tue, 2012-03-20 at 17:19 +0000, Kristijan LeÄnik wrote:
> Hi,
>

> i have OpenSuSe 11.2 with
>

> kernel-xen-3.1.10-12.1.x86_64
> xen-4.1.2_15-175.1.x86_64
> xen-devel-4.1.2_15-175.1.x86_64
> xen-tools-4.1.2_15-175.1.x86_64
> kernel-xen-devel-3.1.10-12.1.x86_64
> xen-libs-4.1.2_15-175.1.x86_64
>

> i had working xen under OpenSuSe, but then i was playing with 4.2
> unstable and remove all OpenSuSe xen and compile 4.2 unstable and it
> was working,
> but after reverting back to stock xen from OpenSuSe 12.1 i get this
> error starting xen:

I don't think you have completely removed all traces of 4.2 unstable
when switching back to the packaged version 4.1.

>  ImportError: /usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/xen/lowlevel/acm.so:
> undefined symbol: xc_acm_op
> google doesn't reveal much, what could be wrong?

I suggest you use the rpm tools to check for files under /usr which
aren't owned by a package which might be a left over from xen-unstable.

My guess is that you have a libxenctrl*.so somewhere which is from
unstable. xc_acp_op was removed so the acm.so (from 4.1) can't find the
symbol in it

Ian.