Re: [Xen-devel] Backport requests for 4.1-testing.hg

>>> Here is a patch series I would like to have included into the
>>> xen-4.1-testing.hg tree. These are all hypervisor changes. Roughly:
>>> - some improvements to spinlock and bariers
>>> - Jan's work on splitting up vcpu and domain structs
>>
>> To me, this is beyond what is reasonable to backport. Improvements
>> like this are what new versions are for.
>
> I'll admit to eagerness, and a lack of knowledge about the etiquette
> surrounding the 4.1-testing process.
>
> If there is any documentation lying around (beyond "use common sense")
> I'll gladly refer to it in the future.

I'm not aware of any, but the general rule is bug fixes only, with
possible exceptions for, say, X.Y.1. And bug fixes which e.g. consist
of a re-write of a significant portion of the code don't normally count
either (unless for a very important feature), nor would such that
deal with problems in a mostly unusable feature (as I would have
called early released versions of guest paging and page sharing).

Jan