Re: [Xen-devel] Volunteers required for 4.2 TODO items (Re: 4.2 TODO update)

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 8:22 PM, Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, 2012-03-12 at 12:11 +0000, Ian Campbell wrote:
>> There are several things below which are in need of a volunteer to take care
>> of them...

Hi,

I'm a newcomer.
Could you share more details about the requirements?

> Specifically:
>
>> tools, blockers:
>> [...]
>>       * xl support for "rtc_timeoffset" and "localtime" (Nobody AFAICT)

Are these parameters to be added for some xl subcommand?
What are they used for?

>>       * Domain 0 block attach & general hotplug when using qdisk backend
>>         (need to start qemu as necessary etc)
>> tools, nice to have:
>> [...]
>>       * xl support for autospawning vncviewer (vncviewer=1 or otherwise)

Could you tell more detail?

>>         (Nobody AFAICT)
>>       * support for vif "rate" parameter (No one, AFAICT)

It's a kernel module parameter(xen-4.1.2/tools/vnet/vnet-module), right?

> #1,#3 & #4 are reasonably simple libxl/xl features possibly suitable for
> a newcomer who is interested in getting started with toolstack level
> stuff.
>
> #2 is a bit more involved.
>
> Any takers?

I'm a new comer and I'd like to get start from here.

Thanks,
Lin Ming