Re: [Xen-devel] libxl/xl memory paging/sharing/ballooning/etc proposal.

On Thu, 2012-03-15 at 14:40 +0000, Andres Lagar-Cavilla wrote:
> > On Thu, 2012-03-15 at 14:12 +0000, Andres Lagar-Cavilla wrote:
> > [...]
> >
> > Also long running?
>
> Enable is simply setting a flag. Disable is not a problem either: the
> hypervisor will silently take care of unshares.
>
> However, if there is an ENOMEM in an unshare, someone has to be listening
> or the domain will crash. It could be that the xl daemon is tasked with
> this for the lifetime of the domain, once sharing has been enabled at
> least once. I don't think it's something to decide upon right now.

xl has explicitly decided not to care about sharing so this would be the
problem of whichever actor does do sharing...

Given the assumption that a sharing-actor would have to be system wide
perhaps we don't need these libxl functions to start stop it (since it
will be running already) and the very act (no pun intended) of setting
actor="blah-sharing" should be enough to enable or disable sharing for a
particular guest?

Ian.