Re: [Xen-devel] xl: expose max_cpu_id from `xl info`

<snip>
>>> Is this true: nr_cpus = max_cpu_id + 1 ?
>>>
>>> Zhigang
>>
>> if and only if all cpus are online.
>>
>> nr_cpus is set to nr_online_cpus() in the hypercall, while max_cpu_id
>> is set to nr_cpu_ids-1.
>>
>> nr_cpus is liable to change during runtime, while max_cpu_id is not.
>>
>> ~Andrew
>
> If this is the case, I think nr_cpus is a bit confusing. Can we make
> it always representing the number of physical cpus (from hypervisor's
> viewpoint, not dom0)?
>
> Zhigang

No.  The names here reflect the hypercall name parameters.  The
hypercall cant be changed because it is an ABI, and the "name : value"
pairs here cant be changed because of backward compatibility with the
previous toolstack.

--
Andrew Cooper - Dom0 Kernel Engineer, Citrix XenServer
T: +44 (0)1223 225 900, http://www.citrix.com