Re: [Xen-devel] Lose XHCI Device on HP Ivybridge While Resuming on Battery

On Mar 13, 2012, at 12:25 PM, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 05, 2012 at 11:11:10AM -0500, Tom Goetz wrote:
>> After resuming more than once on battery these HP Ivybridge laptops, the
>> XHCI devices stop working. Have anyone seen this before? I wanted to check
>> before diving in deeper. Let me know if you have any ideas. Thanks!
>>
>> Facts
>>      - Xen 4.0.3, Linux 3.2.7 PVOPs
>>      - Happens on HP Ivybridge. Doesn't happen on very similar HP
>> Sandybridge Clash system.
>>      - Happens on battery, but not on AC.
>
> Did you guys try to limit the C-state? say max_cstate=2 ?

Hi Konrad. Thanks for the reply. C-states don't matter. Don't know if you've
seen my latest post.

http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2012-03/msg00904.html

This seems to be something to do with not getting a wakeup interrupt for the
xHCI device when it's in D3 if it has previously been in S3 and resumed. I'm
starting to debug the Xen -> Dom0 interrupt path for that now.

Tom