Re: [Xen-devel] crash in is_xen_swiotlb_buffer

On Tue, 13 Mar 2012, Goncalo Gomes wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Mar 2012, Goncalo Gomes wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 13 Mar 2012, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:

> > > Do you get similar issues with Xen 4.1?
> >
> > Can't say I tried it, but I can give it a spin. Any specific tag?
>
> As I cloned unstable from a local dir into a different dir in the
> server to checkout 4.1.0, the server crashed again, which leads me to
> think minimal dom0 stress may be just enough to reproduce it in my
> environment. I'll be doing some more testing to see if I can find out
> what it takes.
>
> In any case, I've done some minimal testing with 4.1.0-branch, such as
> having 10 instances of update-grub running in parallel, a find / -ls,
> etc.
>
> 4.1.0 seems to handle it well, AFAICT.

Scratch that. 4.1.0 fell too. Attaching the entire boot log.

With 4.1.0 it appears that it takes more than just update-grub to make
the server go belly-up, so I had a large data transfer in the
background and a sequence of update-grub' commands being spawned into
background in quick succession and that didn't take more than 3-5
seconds.

Goncalo