Re: [Xen-devel] Need help with qemu args debug

On Tue, 2012-03-13 at 09:14 +0000, Fantu wrote:
> Is possible build qemu and seabios upstream master instead of xen merged
> stable or there are xen patches not in qemu upstream or other problem?
> I want test if the new patches of seabios and qemu fix the qxl problem.

I've not tried it but you can override the settings from Config.mk by
adding a .config file. You need to override the variables:
        QEMU_UPSTREAM_URL
        SEABIOS_UPSTREAM_URL
        QEMU_UPSTREAM_REVISION
        SEABIOS_UPSTREAM_TAG
of course this means you will be trying a combination which we have not
yet validated. You will probably want to call the relevant force update
targets to make this take effect.

Another option is to just put the repos in the right places (e.g.
tools/qemu-xen-dir-remote/ and tools/firmware/seabios-dir-remote/)
checked out with the revisions you need. The Xen build system will not
override this.

I'd be surprised if you needed a newer SeaBIOS, to keep things simple
you might just want to try updating qemu first.

You might also find http://wiki.xen.org/xenwiki/QEMUUpstream useful.

Ian.